/Participants /


Frequently Asked Questions

Your questions about TEDS answered. If you have any questions about the study, please get in touch with us by email.

I am a member of TEDS. How do I notify you of a change of address or other contact details?

You can send us an email (teds-project@kcl.ac.uk) or call us on our freephone (0800 317 029).

I recently completed a TEDS study but have not yet received my reward.

Reward emails are normally sent a few days after completion of a study. If it has been longer than a week since you completed the study, please contact us so that we can investigate.

I am a member of TEDS and would like to know how you keep my personal data safe?

You will find full details of our privacy policy here: http://www.teds.ac.uk/about-teds/privacy

I am a member of TEDS and would like to know how you have used my data in your research?

A list of publications by TEDS researchers and collaborators, using the data provided by TEDS families, can be accessed from this page. Our publications can also be browsed via our searchable publication database.

I am a TEDS twin and am pregnant/have had a baby. I would like to register my child with CoTEDS. How can I do this?

If you (or your partner) are pregnant or have a child/ren you can register with CoTEDS here: https://goo.gl/Cr7Kxy

What should I do if I need urgent support for my mental health?

If you need urgent support with your mental health you can call Samaritans (116 123) 24 hours a day.

I am concerned about my own mental health or the mental health of someone close to me and would like to find out more.

If you would like to find out more about mental health, the Royal College of Psychiatrists   has many useful online resources, including these informational videos about anxiety and depression.  

The Mind and Mental Health Foundation websites also have a great deal of information and support about mental health.

You can find more online resources on our support page.

I'd like to know more about medical record linkage.

Medical record linkage is the process where we link the data that you have provided to us at TEDS with your medical records. We are currently in the process of applying for the relevant legal permissions to carry out this task, and we will write to you later on this year with more information. We thank you for your patience. 

I am a TEDS twin interested in finding out more about your research. Do you offer work experience placements?

Please contact us directly with details of your specific interest and we will do our best to arrange a visit.

I am a twin and would like to take part in TEDS Research.

TEDS is a longitudinal study following the development of a cohort of twins born in England and Wales between 1994 and 1996. If you are over the age of 18 and a same sex twin (identical or non-identical) you might be interested in joining TwinsUK